Do you desire to work as a Virtual Assistant without any prior experience? No worries! The biggest truth is, you don’t need to be an experienced virtual assistant to begin this career. Many people begin from basic level and build moneymaking careers.
A virtual assistant (also known as “VA”) is a business entrepreneur, who provides online assistance utilities to valued clients in different industries around the globe. They do this on a virtual basis. The Virtual Assistants can provide business services at any location.
The services offered by the virtual assistants can comprise everything from administrative tasks to social media to teaching services.
The VA can handle multitasking jobs efficiently. The VA can manage the social media accounts and back-office of a traveling coach while they are based in Australia or India. These are only a few instances.
The virtual assistants should create an account in the LinkedIn professional community.
Twitter is a networking community that links professionals and students in a particular field.
The LinkedIn is populated with bunch of professionals and experts in each industry. Get in touch with professional experts to keep up-to-date.
You can educate yourself by learning and observing them.
The remote services provided by the VA are split into four major divisions:
General administrative services
- Here are some admin services that you can offer your client as a virtual assistant:
- Cold calling, cold canvassing or calling to set up sales appointments or ask for donations from clients/prospects. To narrow down the target audience, the market research must be done.
- Regular follow-ups are conducted via online or offline correspondence with valued customers and clients.
- Electronic Calendar Management allows you to create and manage events, as well as mark appointments, on an electronic calendar.
- File Management (manage and organise their files using DropBox / Google Dri ve us, etc.
- Online google research for blog post topics, newsletters, gathering contacts etc.
- Bookings for Hotel rooms and Flight Travel
- Creating different reports on weekly/fortnight tasks, deliverables, sales, turnovers etc.
- Prepare Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations to be used in their online courses, webinars or conferences.
- Recruiting and monitoring other remote freelance employees like a web designer or video editor.
- Personal jobs: booking events and restaurants, booking surprise gifts, reserving tables, shifting homes, paying bills, etc.
Digital Marketing Services
digital marketing is a method of marketing products or services via digital technology. The digital technology mode is promoted in internet which includes mobile phones, and other digital sources.
Digital marketing strategies such as Search Engine Marketing or Search Engine Optimisation are spreading all over the globe. The varied options require the VA services.
Within each digital marketing strategy, there lies lots of scope for improvement, so measuring each strategy is very important.
Digital marketing believes that metrics are key to success and that analytics are the best.
Here are a few examples.
- Social Media Marketing Social Media Marketing is the use of social media forums like facebook, twitter and Instagram to market products or services. Online marketers promote products and increase brand awareness to consumers worldwide.
- SEO is Search Engine Optimization. Search Engine Optimization (Search Engine Optimization) This practice by SEO/e-commerce organisations is used to maximize the number of visitors, increase traffic and populate the website with the optimization methods. Both online and offline modes can be used to optimize your website.
- SMO The process of increasing the brand’s awareness and popularity across social media platforms and groups in order to get public attention is called Social Media Optimization.
- Facebook Marketing- Online marketers can create brand recognition by setting up a facebook page and keeping a constant follow-up. To gain popularity, marketers create ads.
- Twitter Advertising – Online marketers help to build brand recognition and popularity by creating a twitter account. Follow up is encouraged. Advertisements are created by marketers to gain popularity and increase their followers.
- Instagram Marketing- Online marketers can create brand recognition by setting up an Instagram account and following up with them on a regular basis. In order to gain attention and increase followers, marketers create advertisements.
- YouTube Advertising – YouTube marketing allows you to post videos and make virality with millions of people. Create a channel and upload videos on various topics like fashion, child psychology and hair styling.
- Pinterest Marketing Pinterest marketing uses Pinterest to promote products and businesses. Pinterest is used to drive website traffic and attract attention from the audience.
- email marketing – email marketing is sending messages or commercial content to clients via email. Email marketing is used for promoting sales, pitching sales, and to send marketing collaterals directly to targeted individuals.
- Branding – Branding actions are implemented by organization to make them different from peer and other emerging competitors. Your market position is strengthened by the branding strategies. The marketers create brand loyalty by branding.
- Paid Advertisements Online marketers use the paid advertisements that are published on the websites or in search engines like google to drive traffic.
- Content Marketing – Marketing stuff is transmitted through content on online websites and social networks.
Creative Job Suite
Here are some examples, which show the demand for creative jobs:
- Graphic designing
- Newsletter designing
- Web designing
- Logo design
- Design of branding materials for new products and services.
- Video creation and editing
Online Learning Services
The teaching services can be divided into 2 broad categories:
1. LIVE mode allows you to offer teaching services
A Few Examples:
Tutoring school children online
Tutoring English or other language speaking online to students/ working professionals/ homemakers.
2. Teaching services through video tutorials “How to”
These are just a few of the real examples.
- How to create a successful online course
- How to create graphics by Canva / Picmonkey/Gimp tools
- How to make use of Google Drive / Drop Box / One Drive and store unlimited data
- How to make instructional movies
- How to bake whole wheat bread/cookies, ice cream cakes, and pancakes.
- How to make party makeup and hairstyles in just 15 minutes
- How to create fillable pdf workbooks and worksheets
- How to take professional photographs for Instagram / Facebook
- How to become a brand affiliate seller on Amazon/Ebay
- How to automate Pinterest market
- How to draw faces for comics books
- There are many online resources to help you learn about and become familiar with work at home jobs.
Which soft-skills are most compatible with remote work?
These are the core skills you will need to work long-term for remote clients.
- Be Professional You must be more professional with all of your interactions and communications with clients.
- Do not hesitate to take initiative. Clients expect you to quickly understand and analyse the tasks, and to be able to answer any queries promptly.
- Problem-solving skills Clients should expect you to be able forecast problems and then present a solution.
- Efficient – Owing experience, your work efficiency will increase and your continuous efforts to grow the business process will take you a long way.
- Persistence You might be asked to do extra work or to meet strict deadlines. Your perseverance and ability to make an effort despite all odd situations will project you as being trustworthy and reliable.
- Excellent communication – Clients need you to communicate with them regularly and keep them updated with an open heart. It is not professional to make clients ask for or remind you about work updates.
- Task Organization skills Your ability manage multiple tasks, following the schedules, and focusing on one thing at time will help you manage valuable client projects.
What tools does the VA require?
Below are some tools and techniques you will need to be able to excel in order for you to take on client work.
- Google Docs for creating and editing documents.
- Dropbox is a file sharing tool
- WordPress – for creating and managing websites
- Email marketing tool MailChimp, GetResponse
- Social Media Management Tool – Hootsuite, Buffer
Many companies have ties with virtual assistants. These agencies, also known as companies, act as middlemen to help you get a job as a virtual assistant.
Follow websites such as Indeed, Upwork, Time for information about virtual assistant positions.
Make sure your queries or searches are relevant to the field. Next, fill in the where and how sections.
Virtual assistant maintains job profile with multitasking since the job profile covers various skills.
The virtual assistants are responsible to provide administrative, technical, customer care for law, finance, start-up business among other employers. You can either start a virtual assistant company or work from home for clients all over the world.
You will need to learn new skills depending on the job profile.
The most highly-paid virtual assistants must dedicate their full-time to client support and web-designing.